Saturday, September 20, 2008

Communication Breakdown

This last week has been a rather pleasant one - giving a talk to some friends on Thursday about a subject that's dear to me was very exciting and very liberating in itself. Have found myself a little under-used this semester because of the lack of teaching, but this talk gave me something to think about when my mind was bored. That kind of thing helps a lot!

This upcoming week is going to be similar - Need to plan a 2 hour presentation to my advisor and sundry classmates about what I've been working on these past few months - continuous fields of C* Algebras. It is going to be quite tough, especially because I don't know if I understand things well enough to explain it to anyone else! That takes a whole new level of knowledge, and I am just beginning to scratch the surface - Help!

But hopefully, enough work and I should feel comfortable enough to give the maiden presentation - building on it might be harder because of a complete lack of perspective (why AM I doing what I'm doing?!)

Oh well, time will tell ...

No comments: