Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's awesome to be me

This is another one of those posts again ...

Yes, it's frickin' awesome to be me. I am wonderful, and truly fantastic.

So here's the story, after I get back home in May, wallow in food and wine for a month, and then come back and do jack-shit for 3 months (yes, I don't have to teach this summer), guess what I do next?

Oh yes, I get to be a TA peer mentor! For the uninitiated, this means I get to meet all the new TAs (read: chicks) and tell them how to teach effectively and do all the things I (yes, that would be me) do so well. I get to give them some presentations during their orientation week, have them visit my classes next semester to get some tips and attend "debriefing" meetings. Always wondered what those were - just hope that involves the aforementioned chicks and a distinct lack of briefs.

Just got a letter from Miss BustMyAssIfIFuckUp this morning offering me this position, and I feel great. Especially because lately I have been getting more and more frustrated with my students and the apathy with which they approach the stuff I teach them. It's all their fault, of course, because (and you might have figured this out by now) I can do no wrong :)

No comments: